Eagle Heights Dental Care provide highly effective preventive dentistry procedures in this practice.
One of them is to offer you a thorough clean, and to point out any issues we see with your daily home care routine.We will advise you how to clean your teeth properly and how to choose the correct toothbrush to suit you. We will also show you proper brushing techniques and how to fight plaque, and address any questions you may have about oral hygiene.
- Fight Plaque. This is the major cause of tooth decay
- Choose the right toothbrush
- Daily flossing with the correct technique
- And much more!
There’s much more to our mouths than just smiling, eating and chewing. Your mouth is a window to your body, and a mirror of your general health and wellbeing. Poor oral health and hygiene can cause problems or aggravate existing conditions, far beyond the teeth and gums. Many other health problems show early tell-tale signs in the mouth.
We also offer Fluoride applications. Fluoride has a long history of preventing and inhibiting tooth decay. In fact, fluoride has proven so successful in maintaining dental health and hygiene, you’ll find it’s a common ingredient in toothpaste and even tap water in the majority of places in Australia.
We recommend fluoride treatments in a wide range of cases, such as:
- children and young adults with existing tooth decay
- adults with gum recession, worn enamel or exposed root surfaces
- patients wearing orthodontic appliances
- patients with reduced saliva flow
Fluoride treatments may be applied using mouth trays containing fluoride gel or foam.